There are many reasons you may be staging your home. More than likely you are staging your home to sell it and give potential buyers a…
There are many reasons you may be staging your home. More than likely you are staging your home to sell it and give potential buyers a feel for how life would be to live in your home. A professional interior decorator is your best option for the greatest results. However, if you need to do things on your own, there are some quick and easy ways to really make over your home and make it look very desirable to a buyer.
1. The first thing you can do to begin the staging process that is free, is to clean and declutter every room. Many times we do not even notice our “junk and clutter” As a rule, all of your personal belongs, papers, mail, loose cords, chargers, shoes, clothes and more should be packed away or thrown away if you have access. Really consider what is worth keeping and what is worth putting away in a garage or storage space. Deep cleaning is also important. Cleaning baseboards, walls, dusting and cleaning windows. You may even have to do some small repairs like touching up paint and other small repairs you have been putting off.
2. Remove personal items like photos from the living room and bedrooms. Add neutral bedding and artwork.You want to give potential buyers a ready-to-move-in feeling with an element of design. So keep in mind that you want the space to look as luxurious as possible for your budget. You can also use candles, vases, lamps and light fixtures to upgrade a room.
3. Purchase new linens and towels. Fresh linens, curtains and white towels can give a room a brand new feel. Is that why upscale hotels make you a little happier? You want the viewer to see the greatest potential of the home.The little details matter, so be sure to steam curtains, fold towels neatly and match color schemes and patterns.
4. Put out fresh fruits, flowers and greenery. This is a great tip for staging kitchens. You can place a bowl of fruit as a center piece on a table. Placing table settings or stemware around the fruit bowl can make the space look alive. Flowers and other plants can be placed in bathrooms and bedrooms. This is a very easy affordable tip anyone can do.
5. Show all of the creative possibilities your home has. Think outside the box. Look at your home from a different prospective. Put stools up to a counter or put a floating shelf in a corner to create a desk. Change the lighting, the furniture arrangements and see the space from a different view. You may even want to ask a friend to give you some suggestions. Everyone will have a unique design vision for a space.
In conclusion, it does not have to cost tons of money to get your home market ready. If you take your time and look at what you can do within your means, you will see that you can do a lot yourself. However, if you would like a free consultation /mock up of your space or more DYI guidance from a professional home stager contact us today.